- City Services
- Library Card Information
Library Card Information
Applying for / Replacing a Card
Any resident of Texas may apply for a library card. Cards are issued for one year and are renewable. There is no charge for Texas residents. If a card is lost, there is a $1 replacement fee. Replacement cards cannot be issued until any outstanding charges are paid to all Bibliographic Association of the Red River (BARR) libraries. Out-of-state residents may obtain a borrower's card for $40 per year. To obtain a card, adult patrons must present:
- A valid driver's license or government photo ID
- Proof of current address if the driver's license address is incorrect
Register Your Child
Children under 18 years of age must be registered by a parent or legal guardian. The parent / guardian must provide us with a valid driver's license with a correct address or provide proof of correct address. They must pay any amount owed on their own card and return all overdue items before obtaining a child's card. Once the applicant becomes 18, they will need to complete a new application card, and update it to adult status. There is no charge for this service.
Your Account on BARR.org
Log into your account by going to Bibliographic Association of the Red River (BARR), clicking on "my account" and typing your card and PIN. Card numbers are case sensitive and should not have any spaces. Your PIN has to be created in person at the Library before you use it online.
- A patron must present his/her library card or other valid ID to check out materials or equipment and submit interlibrary loan and courier requests. Card number or last four digits of Social Security number must be used when renewing items by phone.
- Books may be secured from Grayson County College or Denison Public Library through a courier service. Fill out a request at the service desk on the forms provided. Please limit online courier holds to five per day.
- Interlibrary loan requests are submitted to reference. The loan period is set by the library lending the books. See Interlibrary Loans for lending requirements.
- Limitations may be placed on the number of items which may be checked out on a particular subject. Special arrangements may also be made with the Public Services Department, if necessary, for various programs and projects.
- Reserves may be placed on books in our catalog. Title requests will be accepted for books not in the collection.
Loan periods are as follows
- Books - Two Weeks
- DVDs - One week
- CDs/Audio Books - Two weeks
- Board Games - Two weeks
Books and materials may be brought inside to return during library hours. A drive-up book drop is also available for returning items. The drop is located on the side of the library facing the main parking lot.